E15-Jay Haugen Podcast

Episode 15

December 17, 2025

Jay Haugen, Former Superintendent at Farmington, MN

This is a bit different podcast. It is kind of the retro version of casting where we would have the audio, which was originally the genesis for the term podcast. However, the transition to video along with it, the precursor to Zooms, and WebEx's were called vodcasts. I guess we're just getting old.  

Anyhow, Jay and I were visible to each other the entire time. I didn't realize until afterward that perhaps a camera button somewhere was off. I will have to check on that in the future. If you see a man with a 30" gray beard, you may be seeing Jay about somewhere. It's too bad you missed that; you would never mistake him for someone else if you did.  

Nevertheless, we have this conversation for you to listen to.  
I think you will find Jay to be a very unique man. Whether you are an administrator or just a human being, you will enjoy this conversation

One of the unique things I took from this conversation is the broader concept of personalized learning. I have believed in these ideas, but have never been able to articulate that as well as Jay does. 

A second thing I took from this conversation was a reminder about the evolution of ideas that happens to leaders who are future-oriented. Jay represents that clearly from being a Science teacher to a Curriculum Coordinator in Redwood Falls several years ago, all the way to being a Superintendent in three districts later in his career. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

E5--An Interview with Dr. Joseph Goins, "Pass the Baton"

E30-Janelle Field Podcast

E14-Whitney McKinley (World Savvy)